Welcome back to campus! The Education Abroad Office hopes you had a wonderful and fulfilling experience abroad. Now that you are back from your experience abroad, we would love to help you process your time abroad, keep your international experiences alive, and/or assist you in planning another experience abroad!
Here are a few ways we can help:
- Are you feeling that your return to the United States is requiring some adjustment? If so, read up on reverse culture shock and suggestions for coping with this adjustment here!
- Consider sharing your experience with other UNL students and helping to promote Education Abroad!
- Submit your photos from abroad to the Education Abroad photo contest for a chance to win prizes and have your photos featured on a national level!
- Attend events specifically for Education Abroad returnees!
- Bit by the travel bug? Research ways to go abroad, again!
- Look here for ways you can support Education Abroad & go abroad as an alumni!
In addition, Education Abroad Coordinators are happy to meet with students upon their return to talk about how to re-integrate themselves on campus after their summer, semester, or year away. You may also want to get in touch with UNL Career Services and discuss how you can describe the skills and experiences you had while abroad so that future employers will get the most out of your resume.