Choosing a study abroad program is an exciting and important process. Be honest with yourself and think about what's right for you, including:
- your long-term academic and professional goals,
- your degree requirements, and
- whether a short-term program, a semester, or an academic year program will help you achieve them.
- Why do you want to study abroad? What do you want to achieve and experience?
- What aspects of study abroad are most important to you--courses, locale, cultural experiences, learning a language, opportunity to participate in an internship or service learning?
- How will study abroad fit into your career goals?
- Keep your goals in mind as you begin your program search. The “best” program is the program that is right for you.