Graduate School Abroad
Most foreign universities offer graduate (often called postgraduate) programs that are open to US students. You can earn advanced degrees in almost any field from art to science to business while living abroad.
- Shorter Programs: For Example, a Masters degree in the UK is only one year
- Lower tuition cost (in some countries)
- Expand your network to include peers & connections from around the world
- Depending on the country, tuition cost and/or cost of living may be prohibitive
Finding Graduate Programs Abroad
- Ask your professors and departmental advisers for help finding a university abroad that meets your academic needs.
- There are a number of helpful search engines on the web that can assist you with your search for a great graduate program abroad. Below are a few to start with:
- Across the Pond: A resource to help students interested in earning a graduate degree in the UK.
- ISA Degrees Abroad: A U.S. based education abroad provider program that helps students find and apply for graduate programs in Australia, New Zealand, and the UK.
- MastersPortal: A comprehensive search of Master's programs in countries all over the world.
- Check out UNL's current list of bilateral exchange partnerships on MyWorld to see if these schools offer graduate degrees in your field(s) of study!