Opportunities to share your experience
Would you like to volunteer to share your study abroad experiences with other students here at UNL? If so, consider serving as a Study Abroad On-Call Speaker. Throughout the school year, we ask students to accompany the Education Abroad staff to speaking engagements to talk about studying abroad. Often, we need a “student voice” to describe to students exactly why studying abroad can be such a powerful experience. If you’d like to be on our list, please email us at: email@example.com with the phrase “On-Call Speakers” in the subject line.
How to Stay Engaged
One of the best ways to bridge your experiences abroad with your return to life at home is to stay engaged and find ways to incorporate the things you learned abroad into your life here at home. Incorporating your new knowledge and experience into your academic pursuits, professional career, and connections on campus can help you feel like you've brought a little bit of your life abroad back home to UNL.
One way you can stay engaged is by joining the UNL Globetrotters! The UNL Globetrotters is the Education Abroad Office’s official Recognized Student Organization (RSO). The Globetrotters represents a group of students who have either been abroad or who hope to go abroad during their time at UNL. The goal of the UNL Globetrotters organization is to further encourage and support students to travel and study abroad as a way of broadening their cultural and academic understanding. As a whole, the Globetrotters hope to make the application and preparation process easy and inviting to potential study abroad students, and work closely with the Education Abroad Office to facilitate this.
Other suggestions to stay engaged:
- Tell EAO that you want to share experience with other students by completing the questionnaire in MyWorld.
- Get involved with groups on campus that promote international involvement such as the E.N. Thompson Learning Community.
- If you live on campus, ask about rooming with an international student studying at UNL through Campus Housing.
- Incorporate your experiences abroad into your degree through undergraduate research.
- Don't forget to add your international experience to your resume. Make an appointment with Career Services at UNL to talk about how to best describe your time abroad to future employers.