Share Your Experience
Can't stop talking about your experience abroad? The Education Abroad Office hosts events for returnees to connect and hear about each others' experiences. You can also volunteer to share your education abroad experiences with other UNL students and answer their questions about studying abroad.
Attend Returnee Events
- Returnee Ice Cream Social: Join fellow study abroad returnees to share your stories and enjoy some ice cream! The annual returnee ice cream social typically occurs during the month of September! Watch your email and check the Education Abroad Event Calendar for updated information each semester.
- Lessons from Abroad Conference: The Lessons From Abroad annual conference helps returnees learn how to use their study abroad experience to launch their career. Students can network with other study abroad and internationally-minded students from around Nebraska, and learn ways to go abroad again, whether to study, teach, volunteer, or work! The annual Nebraska Lessons From Abroad Conference typically occurs during the month of September. Watch your email and check the Education Abroad Event Calendar for updated information each semester.
- Throughout the school year, Education Abroad Peer Ambassadors accompany the Education Abroad staff to speaking engagements to talk about studying abroad. They provide a “student voice” to describe to students exactly why studying abroad can be such a powerful experience.
- The UNL Education Abroad Office holds Pre-Departure Orientations in December for students going abroad in the spring semester and in April for students going abroad in the summer and fall semesters. We are always looking for returnees to come talk with outgoing students! We invite returnees to come join our dinner at Pre-Departure Orientation. You will sit with students who will soon travel to and study in the same country/countries that you studied in and share advice with them regarding what to expect, what to pack, your favorite restaurant(s), etc. as well as answer any questions they may have before they go!
Join the UNL Globetrotters
- The UNL Globetrotters is the Education Abroad Office’s official Recognized Student Organization (RSO). The Globetrotters represents a group of students who have either been abroad or who hope to go abroad during their time at UNL. The goal of the UNL Globetrotters organization is to further encourage and support students to travel and study abroad as a way of broadening their cultural and academic understanding. The Globetrotters hope to make the application and preparation process easy and inviting to potential study abroad students, and work closely with the Education Abroad Office to facilitate this.
- To get more information or join the UNL Globetrotters, check out their Facebook group as well as their page on the NvolveU system!