Transcripts & Policies


To receive credit you will need an official transcript from an accredited institution displaying coursework, letter grades and credit amounts. For most Education Abroad programs and affiliated programs, this arrangement has been made for you. If your program requests you to fill out a form or is unsure of where to send the transcript upon completion of your program, the address is:

Education Abroad Office
Attn: Rebecca Baskerville
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Love South 110
Lincoln, NE 68588-4107

There is no single typical timeline for your credit to be posted to your UNL record. The amount of time it will take varies widely based on country and program, several weeks to several months after your return is normal. If you plan to graduate within one semester of completing your education abroad, inform the EAO, and your academic advisor. Credit will be processed as quickly as possible, however, graduation may be delayed.

Transfer students entering UNL with prior education abroad credit

If you participated in an education abroad experience prior to enrolling at UNL, you will need to have that education abroad credit re-evaluated with the rest of your transfer credit.


You need to be familiar with your DARS and graduation requirements. If you are going abroad within your final two or three terms, verify you will be within your college's residency requirement. Ask your academic advisor if you have questions about residency requirements.

Duplicate Credit

The Course Repeat Policy states that students are only allowed to receive credit for a course one time. You should not take a course abroad if you have already received credit for the course.