Leader Workshops & Certification
The EAO staff offers six workshops throughout the academic year for current and prospective faculty leaders.
- Supporting the Whole Student
- Program Design and Partnerships
- Intercultural Learning and Student Preparation
- The Diversity Advantage of Education Abroad
- Encouraging Student Investment: Recruitment, Applications, and Affordability
- Health, Safety and Student Conduct Abroad (required for leaders each year)
Workshops 1-5 are delivered in 45 minutes, and workshop 6 is delivered in 2 hours, by EAO staff and relevant guest presenters (Director of Global Safety and Security, Business & Finance, Title IX Coordinator, experienced leaders, etc.). Workshop 6 is required each year a leader is traveling with students.
If a leader attends three optional workshops, the leader will be certified and the certification will be noted on program marketing materials. Certification will be valid for three years. (Even if certified, the leader is still required to attend the health, safety and student conduct workshop each year.)
Please complete the Google Form here to register for the workshops. Should you have any questions, please contact Marnie Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The leaders below have completed the certification process: