Education Abroad Photo Contest
The purpose of this contest is to recognize individuals who have taken exceptional photographs while participating in Education Abroad programs and to publicize the importance of the UNL Education Abroad programs. Entries may be displayed on the Education Abroad website, Education Abroad social media (including Facebook, Instgram, Twitter, and Pinterest) and other UNL marketing materials. Need some inspiration? Check out these student photos from National Geographic by clicking here.
Photo Contest Categories
- "Huskers Go Global!" -Show the World You Are a Husker (the photo subject in this category must be wearing UNL attire or demonstrating Husker spirit)
- "When in Rome" - pictures of your campus, everyday life, food, culture, etc. that is unique to YOUR CITY
- "Oh, the Places We Go"- culture, customs, traditions, excursions, etc.
- "Art Alley"- opportunity to express creativity through photos that may not fit into any other category
- Students can enter up to three photos per category.
- Photos should be high resolution (approx 2100 x 1500 pixels) and should not be manipulated in any way.
- All entries must be photographs taken by the education abroad participant while on an education abroad program during Fall 2016, Spring and Summer 2017 and must be the work of the person submitting the photo. Additionally, all subjects within the photo must have given the photographer explicit permission to be photographed .
- All entries must be submitted digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm Monday, September 4th , 2017 and include the attached contest entry form.
- When submitting photos by email attachment, please label each photo according to the following format: category-student last name-title of photo-country where photo was taken. (Ex. 1-Smith-OldTownSquarePrague-CzechRepublic)
- Initial judging will be conducted by selected UNL faculty and staff members. Entries will be evaluated on appeal, content and presentation of the education abroad experience. Three finalists from each category will be chosen and voted on via UNL social media channels.
- Winners will be announced and featured during the Education Abroad Returnee Ice Cream Social on Weds. Sept. 27th. All finalists will be featured on the UNL Education Abroad website. The winner of each category will receive a prize.
All copyright and title to all entered photographs remains with the photographer in its entirety. However, the photographer grants to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln non-exclusive rights to reproduction and exhibition of all images submitted. These rights include but are not limited to: publishing photographs in print and electronic form, use of the images for related promotional purposes without further compensation, and the right to use the photographer's name in a credit alongside the photograph.
To Enter: Email properly labeled photos to email@example.com
Email or turn in completed entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org, 402-472-5383, or Love Library South 110