Get Involved on Campus
One of the best ways to bridge your experiences abroad with your return to life at home is to stay engaged and find ways to incorporate the things you learned abroad into your life here in Nebraska. Incorporating your new knowledge and experience into your academic pursuits, professional career, and connections on campus can help you feel like you've brought a little bit of your life abroad back home to UNL.
- Attend the E.N. Thompson Forum on World Issues lecture series to expand your knowledge of international and public policy issues.
- Incorporate your experiences abroad into your degree through undergraduate research.
- Make an appointment with Career Services to talk about how to best describe your time abroad to future employers. Additional career resources are available here.
- Apply to be an Intercultural Aide
- Apply to be a member of the International Welcome Team
- Add a global minor or foreign language to your academic program. Find a list of programs here.
- Join a student organization to meet other students with international interests. Search RSOs by keyword here.
- Attend events on campus with a focus on international engagement and learning about other cultures. For ideas and listings of upcoming events, check out:
- Participate in International Education Week