Students can enhance their academic experience at Nebraska by participating in study, internship, research, or service learning abroad. With many unique programs in over 70 countries, students have the opportunity to find the perfect fit for their individual academic, personal, and professional goals, as well as their budget. Congratulations on taking the first step to participate in an education abroad experience!
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you begin the planning process:
- Plan early! It is recommended to start planning 8 months to a year in advance.
- Attend a Huskers Abroad 101 session to start learning about the process of going abroad.
- Do your research. Check out the Search & Apply page to explore your options.
- Read about ways to Fund Your Experience Abroad.
- Touch base with your academic advisor, visit our Academics page.
- Read through the other helpful resources available to you on our website such as: Health & Safety, Travel Logistics, and Cross-Cultural Adjustment.
We look forward to working with you as you plan for what will be one of the most thrilling, educational, and challenging opportunities of your life.