Welcome back to campus! The Education Abroad Office hopes you had a wonderful and fulfilling experience abroad. Now that you are back from your experience, we would love to help you process your time abroad, keep your international experiences alive, and/or assist you in planning another experience abroad!
Here are a few ways we can help:
- Are you feeling that your return to the United States is requiring some adjustment? If so, read up on reverse culture shock and suggestions for coping with this adjustment here!
- Want to get more involved in the international community on campus? Check out ideas here.
- Consider sharing your experience with other UNL students and helping to promote Education Abroad!
- Learn how to describe and market your experience for future academic and professional opportunities. Check out resources on resumes, cover letters, and interview tips, and meet with an adviser from Career Services to further talk through how to present your experience to potential employers and graduate schools.
- Bit by the travel bug? Research ways to go abroad, again!
In addition, Education Abroad Coordinators are happy to meet with students upon their return to talk about how to re-integrate themselves on campus. Stop in or call the office to set up an appointment.