Education Abroad Photo Contest
The purpose of this contest is to recognize individuals who have taken exceptional photographs while participating in Education Abroad programs and to publicize the importance of the UNL Education Abroad programs. Entries may be displayed on the Education Abroad website, Education Abroad social media (including Facebook, Instgram, and Twitter) and other UNL marketing materials. Need some inspiration? Check out these student photos from National Geographic by clicking here.
Photo Contest Categories
- "Huskers Go Global!" - Show the world you are a Husker! The photo subject in this category must be wearing UNL attire or demonstrating Husker spirit.
- "The World is my Classroom" - What did learning look like on your program? Show us your classroom, learning activities, faculty teaching, or class trips.
- "When in Rome" - Pictures of your campus, everyday life, food, culture, and travels.
- "#Artsy" - Opportunity to express creativity through photos.
- Students can enter up to three photos per category.
- Photos should be high resolution (approx 2100 x 1500 pixels) and should not be manipulated in any way.
- All entries must be photographs taken by the education abroad participant while on an education abroad program during Fall 2017, Spring 2018, and Summer 2018 and must be the work of the person submitting the photo. Additionally, all subjects within the photo must have given the photographer explicit permission to be photographed .
- All entries must be submitted digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm Friday, August 31, 2018 and include the attached contest entry form.
- Initial judging will be conducted by selected UNL staff and faculty members. Entries will be evaluated on appeal, content, and presentation of the education abroad experience. Three finalists from each category will be chosen and voted on via the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Facebook page. Voting will take place the week of September 10th-14th.
- All finalists will be featured on the UNL Education Abroad website and social media channels.
- The winner of each category will receive a $50.00 Nebraska Bookstore gift card.
All copyright and title to all entered photographs remains with the photographer in its entirety. However, the photographer grants to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln non-exclusive rights to reproduction and exhibition of all images submitted. These rights include but are not limited to: publishing photographs in print and electronic form, use of the images for related promotional purposes without further compensation, and the right to use the photographer's name in a credit alongside the photograph.