Adjustment to Cost of Attendance
The Husker Hub and the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) will need to adjust your estimated cost of attendance for the term in which you plan to go abroad. The Education Abroad Office will help you determine the cost of attendance for your specific program, broken down into the following five categories:
- Travel Expenses
- Miscellaneous Expenses
Please note that you may include airfare, in-country transportation, day-to-day spending money, passport and visa fees, required immunizations, etc., but you may not include leisure (non-academic) travel and costs. Regardless of the total cost, the amount you may be eligible to borrow cannot exceed the federal limits based on your grade level.
For UNL Faculty-Led programs, detailed cost information will be available on the MyWorld web brochure. For other programs, your program sponsor will provide you with billable program costs as well as estimates for out-of-pocket costs. If you find at any stage of the process that your estimate was inaccurate, please contact the Education Abroad staff to request a re-adjustment.
How to Complete your Adjustment to Cost of Attendance Form (Choose one)
- Complete the form during an advising appointment with an Education Abroad Coordinator
- Come to student applicant walk-in hours to complete the form with an Education Abroad Coordinator
- Email the Education Abroad email account at email@example.com (or email your Education Abroad Coordinator directly) with the following information:
- Name of your Education Abroad Program
- Chosen housing option (if applicable)
- Cost of flight (if flight is not included in your program cost)