Withdrawal from a UNL Program
If you withdraw from a UNL program after you have made a commitment to participate (by paying the commitment deposit), you will be financially responsible for any non-recoverable costs associated with your participation at the time of withdrawal, as well as the $150 Education Abroad Fee. Please note:
- Non-recoverable costs vary by program and typically increase closer to the program start date.
- Calculation of these costs may take time as the Education Abroad staff reviews the refund and cancellation policies of the program’s vendors (airlines, hotels, etc.).
- Each committed participant is responsible for a portion of program costs that are divided evenly among all participants (chartered bus, tour guides, etc.). The participant’s portion of group costs is considered a non-recoverable cost.
- The total non-recoverable amount may exceed the commitment deposit amount, in which case the participant will be billed the additional amount due.
Withdrawal from Other Programs
If you withdraw from program, such as an affiliated program, you will likely be financially liable to the program sponsor. Please pay special attention to the withdrawal policies of your program sponsor, related to:
- non-refundable application fees
- required (and optional) program costs
- payment deadlines
Please remember that program administrators spend a considerable amount of time and money processing your application materials and arranging your program. If you withdraw from the program, administrators reserve the right to pass the financial impact of nonrecoverable expenses on to you. When withdrawing from an affiliated program, it is important that you notify both UNL and the program sponsor of your decision to withdraw.