- What are your reasons for studying abroad? What goals do you have, and how will you achieve them?
- What barriers might you encounter, and how will you overcome them?
- What does my daily routine consist of in the United States, and how might it be different in the host country?
- What challenges do you anticipate from your host city, university campus or academic environment abroad?
Ask your Education Abroad Coordinator:
How much onsite support is offered in your host city, university and academic environment?
How does the academic environment abroad differ from the environment here at UNL?
Prepare and Research:
- Remember that other countries may provide disability access and accommodations differently; be flexible.
- Meet with the Office for Services for Students with Disabilities as soon as possible.
- Plan Early. Request accommodations specific to your program.
- Find out as much as possible about your host country.
- Explore options and look into multiple programs that interest you.